CPUT’s Virtual Open Day is now open! Click here to visit >>>


Residence accommodation

The Cape Peninsula University of Technology has more than 25 different residences. However, not all of these are at the Main Campus nor do they all offer the same facilities.

As an international student, it is important for you to take note of the following:

  • You must indicate on your application form if you wish to make use of Cape Peninsula University of Technology accommodation.
  • The allocation of places is subject to availability.
  • As an undergraduate you will most likely be placed in a double room that you will share with another student.
  • Once you have committed to accepting a place (in your confirmation of acceptance letter), you will be held liable for the entire year or semester.
  • Most residences are self-catering and do not, therefore, provide any meals. There are however catering ones and mainly for undergraduate students.
  • The residences have communal bathrooms and toilet facilities, coin-operated automatic washing machines, tumble dryers, irons, public telephones and TV rooms.
  • You must supply your own pillows, fitted sheets, duvet and duvet covers or sheets and blankets. In some instances arrangements may be made to supply you bedding at a nominal fee for the first three days of your stay at the residence. During this time you are expected to organise your own bedding.
  • Also note that you will have to purchase your own cutlery and crockery, kettle, microwave, etc. for preparing your meals.
  • While you can remain in residence during the April and September break, you will have to make special arrangements with the residence authorities should you wish to be in residence during the June/ July and December/ January breaks. Such arrangements will be at an additional cost.

Private accommodation

To research private (non-CPUT), accommodation options, use the following links:




Please note: Irrespective of whether you live in a Cape Peninsula University of Technology residence or in private accommodation, it is your responsibility to inform the International Office of any change of address during your period of study.